Parish legal base
Dandenong Parish of the Russian Orthodox Church (Abroad)
The Church of Our Lady's Dormition is a legal entity registered in February 1971, under the Religious and Successory Trust Act of the Parliament of the State of Victoria as, "The Dandenong Parish of the Russian Orthodox Church (Abroad)." (Register of Successory Trusts under Part II, Folium 637).
The parish is governed under the provisions of the Normal Parish By-laws approved by the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church outside of Russia in 1551 and 1955.
The Trustees of the parish are ex officio:
1. The Ruling Bishop of the Australian and New Zealand Diocese appointed by the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox outside of Russia,
2. The Parish Rector, appointed by the Ruling Bishop,
3. The Church Warden (Starosta) elected by the parishioners for a three year term,
4. The Parish Secretary elected by the parishioners for a one year term,
5. The Parish Treasurer elected by the parishioners for a one year term.
The Parish Council,
under the chairmanship of the Rector, oversees the daily operations of the parish life in accordance with the Normal Parish By-laws. The Council consists of the Rector all other clergy appointed to the Dormition church, the Church Warden, Secretary, Treasurer, the Senior Sister of the Ladies Auxiliary, the choirmaster and the four other elected members.